Many paper receipts, searching for and archiving receipts due to legal storage requirements make receipt management extremely complex and time-consuming. In addition, the storage of paper-based receipts is prone to errors because of the possibility of losing a receipt. Manual follow-up postings of transactions based on receipts are also often necessary.
epay therefore offers digital receipt management (DRM) as an Value-Added-Service to archive and digitize the merchant’s card payment receipts. With DRM, a merchant saves time during the checkout process at the cash register and also needs less receipt rolls as no merchant receipt is printed. DRM is therefore a sustainable and digital solution. With DRM, merchants can quickly search and retrieve receipts from the digital receipt management system and provide faster support to the end customer.
Physical Receipt Management
Risk of losing data and receipts
• Manual signature capture by a pen
• High risk of receipt loss
• No reliable traceability of business transactions
• Receipts are physically collected at the cash register
• Difficult view of the receipts after archiving
Resource, time, and cost intensity
• Manual handling of receipts
• Costly warehousing
The digital receipt management from epay
Data and receipt security
- Signature capture directly on the terminal display
- Reliable archiving of receipts
- Avoidance of document and quality loss
- Easier processes at the checkout
- Receipt viewing possible at any time and in a selective manner via a web portal
- Processes future-proofed through early digitization
Resource, time, and cost savings
- Manual receipt handling is not necessary
- Warehousing not required
Use Case: DRM for direct debit transaction receipts
The DRM offers higher value for merchants, especially with direct debit transactions (SDD). The mandate is given with customer signature on receipt. A customer has the right to return the direct debit in 8 weeks for valid mandate, or in 13 months for invalid mandate. In this case, the merchant has obligation to provide proof. For this the merchant must store receipts for months and searching for the receipt is time-consuming and troublesome.
With DRM the customer signature can be recorded digitally: this is possible either via the signature pad or via the POS terminal display. The digital receipt can be stored in the web portal, where searching for the receipts is fast and easy. This makes the whole experience smooth and saves valuable time both for you and your customers.
Procedure & management
1. The signature is recorded on the terminal display or via the signature pad (if the terminal has no touchscreen display). epay offers the following advanced POS terminals with a touchscreen for DRM: Ingenico Move 5000, Ingenico Desk 5000, Ingenico Lane 5000, and other terminals on request.
2. The signature is inserted digitally in the merchant receipt.
3. The signed receipt is stored in the electronic receipt archive as a PDF.
4. The documents can now be accessed via a web portal, downloaded and used for following processes.
New! Reactivate your account online now.
Your digital receipt management account will be disabled after four weeks of inactivity for security reasons. You can now request reactivation of your account here.